6 Wonderful Baby Nursery Furniture Ideas
Having a child is an exhilarating and exciting experience. Every parent wants to create a nursery with suitable nursery furniture for their child that is enriching, safe, and has the potential for as much connection, growth, and learning as possible. When trying to create such a space for your child, the nursery is the best place to start.
When trying to create a nursery space that is perfect for your newborn, there are so many questions that need to be answered. What sort of crib should you get? Where should the changing table be placed and mostly, what sort of theme should I put up in the nursery?
To help answer a few of these questions and put your mind at ease, here are a few nursery furniture ideas for your baby:
- Lighting: The kind of lighting you choose for the room is extremely important. It will help ensure that your infant gets ample amounts of natural light. However, an interesting décor/furniture idea to keep in mind that will prove to be helpful is getting heavy blackout curtains or window shade. This will be helpful especially when you are trying to get your infant to nap during the day. It will help mimic the night time, making it much easier for them to fall asleep.
- Making use of Washable Wallpaper: Did you know that washable wallpaper was a thing? And this is going to prove to be a very handy investment for your nursery given how messy toddlers can be. As your infant fidgets around trying to explore the environment around them, a wallpaper that can be removed and washed before being put up again will prove to be invaluable… especially when they start to learn about crayons!
- Invest in nursery furniture and decor that is meaningful to the people closest to your child. The furniture in the nursery should be a comfortable and safe space, and this is the place where they are going to spend the majority of their time. Investing in wall art, décor, and furniture that incorporates elements of the people closest to them is very helpful in creating a space where they feel more loved. Find décor which has some connection with family and friends in the room and it will be more soothing overall. This can include wall hangings, throw pillows, blankets, photos, or the designs on the crib. It will help create a space where your child grows to have a more intimate understanding of and relationship with the people who love them.
- Create a space with functional storage: Investing in nursery furniture that has sufficient storage space will prove to be advantageous. Your toddler will be a natural little explorer with little care for tidiness, and will eventually scatter toys all over. Along with this, at the start of your parenting journey, you will be exhausted and tired. To avoid the buildup of clutter in the room and prevent the nursery floor from turning into an obstacle course, create a storage space where things can be easily stowed away.
- Invest in a changing table with sections: A changing table is a necessity in your nursery furnitures, especially during the first few months. Try to make sure you buy a changing table that has the space to keep things like the wipes, diapers, and diaper cream within your easy reach. This will prove to be a great investment for you as a parent since everything you need during changing will be within a close distance.
- You could also consider buying a mini crib if the nursery space is not big enough, or there is a lot of furniture and you are worried about crowding the space. A smaller crib is a good choice for as a nursery furniture piece and it is convenient because it can be folded down and easily shifted in case you ever wanted to move it to your room.
At the end of the day, parenthood is exciting and you are actively looking to make the life of your child and yourself easy and full of joy. Try to invest in nursery furniture/decor that provides such a space for both you and your child.